Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Projects, Notelets and Mathmatics


I was putting together an order for a Baby Black Dog customer. It was a gift that she bought and was having me send it directly to the gift-ee. By the way, did you know that Babyblackdog.etsy.com is a perfect place to shop for gifts? Well, it is.

I was putting the finishing touches on the gift and grabbed a mini card and envelope to attach with her greeting...I have a stash of cute cards and envelopes that I always have on hand...
then I realized, "those aren't Baby Black Dog cards"...


So off I went to remedy the situation.

I tore open one of the envelopes, to create a template...

...chose some patterned paper scraps...
...cut, glued and formed the envelopes. Then, got my paper cutter-one of my most-favorite project tools-and some white cardstock and, with much effort in a this-is-ridiculous-I-used-to-be-a-teacher sort of way (cause, in case you don't know, me & mathematics just don't get along), cut some fold-over notelets...
...which were promptly embossed with a coppery-gold new embossing powder...
...such a pretty shine.

I stamped the back of each with my awkward (for now) Baby Black Dog stamp and created my own stash of all-occasion notelets...

...and, for their first official "usage", I attached them to the gift-order I was sending out...

Necessity is the mother of invention, I've found it to be true. Of course, I use the word "necessity" loosely, as in telling the Popcorn Lady at Target, "I need a bag of popcorn", but you get the idea...


No comments:

Post a Comment