Thursday, March 20, 2014

A New Spot. And Some New Inspiration...

I am a homebody. I love bring home. I love being with my husband. He really is my best friend. I love my routine. And my pups. I love my kitchen window. It's one of my favorite spots to decorate. I love to make my bed and do my laundry. I love that my GrandBoys and Adventures are (sorta) within arms-distance.

But. I'm also a traveler. I like flying. And long car rides. I like experiencing different seasons-and even different cultures-as a result of just a few hours of either. I like airports, some not as much as others. I like the stops along the way. But mostly, I love that there are people I love in lots of different places. All over the country. All over the world. But really, I'm a sucker for Birmingham...

There are people I love in that City. Part of me lives there. I visit as often as I can and stay for as long as I'm able. 

One of my new perks of being in Birmingham, besides my New GrandGirl, is a new favorite store, Paper Source. 

I think shopping and inspiration should go hand-in-hand. When I walk around in a store, I want my head to swim with ideas and thoughts and things I'll want to do when I leave there. Paper Source for me is that kind of place and I've been wanting to share it with you...

It's is a spot for cards and seasonal gifts and embossing powder and wrapping paper. 
Oh! The wrapping paper! Museum-quality-art on a roll. Sheets worth framing. Or, of course for wrapping the perfect gift, one of my favorite activities.

I'm not a prolific stamper, but look at this wall of rubber stamps. The designs we could emboss (remember my earlier post bout that?) with these. What fun!

This is silk ribbon. Hand-dyed. And just enough of a length to tie around that Perfect Gift.

This paper chain kit! Such a cute way to "get started" with being creative. Also, I've got an upcoming blog post about paper chains and their how-tos, so stay tuned...

Specifically, I went this time looking for these...
...little glassine envelopes for a baby book I'm custom-creating for a Baby Black Dog (Babyblackdog.etsy.com) customer. After a few trips around the shop, I told the salesperson, "I'm looking for packages of tiny envelopes..." And she showed me a back wall that I'd never seen, containing the perfect answer to my need...

Paper Source is located at The Summit in Birmingham and so-near to Anthropologie, how convenient! You need to stop by and dream. And then let me know what you've found... They also have an online shop that you'll enjoy, for the times when you can't physically get there.

Inspiration can translate into areas of your life where you'd least expect it. Thought I'd remind you of that today...Make room for it whenever possible...

No comments:

Post a Comment