Sunday, December 14, 2014

Time For...

I'm an Empty Nester. More accurately, I'm an Unwilling Empty Nester, but, that's a story for a different time and place...

One of my favorite things about having Grown Children is my Grandchildren. I both excel and stink at being a GrandMother. It's the hardest and the best thing I've ever done. So many highlights and stories and memories so far, (and the oldest is only five!), so I'll know I'll have volumes-full in no time. Anywho...

I'm enjoying my Christmas preparations, as I always do, but I'm enjoying the timing of my to-dos this year a bit more than ever...decisions made, decoration-happy, cards out with just the right stamps, things like that...and I'm having time to do the things that I'd always wished I'd had time to do. This weekend we took our Eldest GrandBoys to view a new local light display and a drive-through at that. We weren't sure what to expect but thought we'd give it a go. Our 5 year-old was a bit grumpy, actually he said he would close his eyes as he didn't want to look at lights at all, but would rather stay at Munny's house (that's me, and my house, and his "place"), and our 3 year-old fell asleep on the way there...

But when we began our tour...the language changed. The talking, oh, the talking!
"That's my favorite color!"
"Munny, what's your favorite color?" "Where's Santa?" "Are we going to see Santa?" (Santa is new to them this year, long story... We prefer the Christmas Platypus, longer story.)
"We have to draw this when we get to Munny's house!"
"Are we going to see Santa?"
"Don't sing, Munny."
"That's my favorite light!"
"Munny, I said don't sing."
Then we left with toy laser guns (longest story...) and went to share pizza.

As I was straightening this morning, I saw this...
It began as a drawing of the lights, but ended up being a depiction of Rudolph and Bumble...

As did 3 year-old brother's, just with lots of purple...
Also, the Abominable's features I had to draw, as I'm given many assignments and they are my biggest fans, they like my drawing skills. However, they take great exception to my singing.

I tell you all of that cause I love those stories. Also, to simply say this...

In whatever form this season of preparation comes for you, I hope you find your own "Time For"...

No comments:

Post a Comment