Tuesday, February 3, 2015

A Valentine Thought...

My oldest GrandBoy's preschool Valentine's party is this month. His first as a preschooler, my first as a Munny. Of all the holidays, Valentine's Day isn't my favorite, but, oh, the hearts! The pinks! The reds! The "give one to everyone"! 

Not that anyone asked, but I searched and found such cute ideas for classroom pass-outs, and showed several to him, to see what he thought, as I am always itching for a party-project. He was uninterested till he saw a photo of little cereal boxes, and said "Okay, that one!" 

In the next couple of weeks, my eye was drawn to printed cards, those with gold foil to be exact. But he would have nothing to do with them. I thought this was a general "no" to classroom treats, but then he said "just the cereal, Munny". I had forgotten all about those! It had been days! But he remembered and the plan was forged.

I found packages of little cereal boxes, bought plastic silver spoons, alphabet beads and striped ribbon...
His classmates' names I spelled out on the spoon handle, and lightly-glued them to the boxes. He helped me assemble them somewhat (cause, hot glue), I printed up tags for them, matted and strung them on the ribbon...
And attached them to the boxes of cereal...
Cutest valentines ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment